UCAN, a non-profit organization dedicated to being a catalyst for positive community spirit, seeks an ambitious employee to help drive our organization’s programming to new heights, helping us serve Urbandale youth, families and seniors in need.
Job Description: Program Coordinator
- This position will be responsible for assisting with programs to ensure all standards are being met and to serve as UCAN’s representative with volunteer groups. The current program areas include:
Summer food programs
Back to School readiness programming
Senior outreach – leading program expansion
At-Risk youth programming
- Volunteer management/recruitment
- Collecting and tracking volunteer time.
- Event planning projects for volunteer engagement.
- Training and recruitment of volunteers via networking, social media and special engagement events.
- Maintain database of volunteers and hold regular recruitment activities and attend local volunteer fairs
- Events assistance
- Assist with event planning and execution, including procurement of auction items and event promotion
The Program Coordinator should have these qualifications:
- People oriented, engaging and outgoing self-starter
- Strong organizational, communication, writing, and listening skills
- Flexible — Handles changing priorities with ease
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with social media – ability to utilize Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. to promote volunteer activities and opportunities.
- Physical job – bending/lifting up to 40lbs
- Must have transportation and the ability to drive clients
Full-time, exempt employee with mostly flexible day hours, but occasional evening/weekend work
- Salary: $37,000 – $41,000 depending on experience; simple IRA, Health Savings account. This position does not provide health benefits.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Social Work/Human Services or 2 years related work in Human Services/Elderly Services
Please send your cover letter with resume and three references by June 7, 2019 to:
Laura Holms, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org