UCAN Caring Corps volunteers provide minor home repair services to elderly, disabled and single parent residents. Past repairs have included: weatherstripping around doors and windows, fixing leaking faucet and pipes, securing handrailings, tightening hinges on cabinet doors, etc. Larger projects are referred to Rebuilding Together or Metro HELP.

How to apply:

There is no charge for minor home repair services, however donations are gladly accepted from those who are financially able. If you are in need of minor home repair services, please contact the UCAN office.

How to volunteer:

If you are a handy person and would like to volunteer your time to help out a fellow Urbandale resident in need, please contact the UCAN office at (515) 278-3936.